Friday, November 4, 2011

Redefining Success

"Many think success means getting everything I want. And we say, that's what dead is, and there is no such thing as that kind of dead. Success is not being done; not being complete. Success is still dreaming and feeling positive in the unfolding." --Abraham-Hicks

"Success is not being done; not being complete." As I read this again I feel as if I could choke. This is one of my most constant and long-lasting struggles, both in life and on my spiritual journey. 

I love the feeling of being "done." Having all the bills paid, the whole house clean, everything on my "To Do" list DONE. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, even for just a moment, it feels so satisfying. 

That is why this quote throws me for such a loop and probably why life does as well. I am never really done of course. Done done. Completely done. And I know I never will be, but it is something I really, really WANT. 

Someday I just want to be able to sit down on the couch, look around and realize that there is nothing to do. Nothing to tidy. Nothing to clean. Nothing to paint or touch up or put away. It is all done. I am done. DONE. 

But then, according to this quote, I'd be dead. 

So I guess I just have to get used to this feeling of never being done. 

The Universe seems to be pointing me in that direction. It seems to be saying: Now is the time to get over this, to let go of this idea of being done and to accept the "undoneness" of life. 

So I am going to try. I am going to let a half-clean house be enough. I am going to let undone laundry go. I am going to try and accept that there will always be (at least) one more thing on my "To Do" list and try to see this as success.















No comments:

Post a Comment