Monday, November 14, 2011

Reflections on 11/11/11

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." --Henry David Thoreau
I got this quote off of Twitter on 11/11/11. I didn't realize how appropriate is was until I sat down to write today. I am going to share with you a journal entry I wrote about 11/11/11 on the morning of that day. I have to say that I have not felt a huge shift in the energy as a result of 11/11/11, but as I said in my journal, perhaps that is okay. Perhaps that is as is it meant to be.  

"Well, so far, the energy of 11/11/11 is nothing to write home about, or rather, is business as usual. My foot hurts today and my body is tired and I just want to sleep. It is a blustery day and I am waiting at Mosaic to teach my class. I don't know if anyone is coming. Come to that, I don't know if I WANT anybody to come. I am grumpy and disappointed....I guess I didn't really expect to feel anything major so perhaps that is why I didn't. But I was hoping I would. I was hoping I would feel a lot - a SHIFT, a change, a radical restructuring of my life and my DNA. And maybe I have. Maybe that is what has been going on for the past few months (years?). All the yuck and releasing and STUFF that has come out and come up. Maybe 11/11/11 is just an arbitrary date for what is already happening/has happened in our world. A waking up, a shifting, a changing of perspectives and priorities. I have changed - radically some would say - over the past ten years and maybe that is what I am meant to celebrate on this day. NOT a sudden and uncontrollable shift that happens from the outside, but the slow, gradual, but still radical, changes that have manifested in my life over the past 10 years through lots of blood, sweat, tears and work. Countless hours of reading, sitting, walking, running, meditating. Countless hours of fighting and struggling and yelling and failing and despairing and giving up and trying again. Maybe that's what 11/11/11 is all about. For all of us. The culmination of all our hard work over the past however many years since our awakening and the beginning of the next phase of it. If this is where we have ended up, I for one, can't wait to see what comes next!"

No comments:

Post a Comment