Monday, March 21, 2011

Letting Go


"Some days the best gift you can give yourself, and the world, is to not try to hold it all and to allow yourself to collapse." 


I saw Sonya Renee perform at the Seattle Poetry Slam a couple of weeks ago. If you do not know who she is and have never seen her perform, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0soC-Dvv1f0. (The sound isn't great, but the poem will blow you away anyway.)

This quote is from a story she told about her dog and its unreliable bowels, but she made the point that it applies to all of us at one time or another. 

A few days later was the yoga incident, wherein I tried to hold it all for our family and found that I just couldn't. 

So now I am trying to ask myself everyday, what can I let go of today as a gift to myself, to my husband, to my kids, to the world? 

What can YOU let go of as a gift to all of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment