Monday, January 3, 2011

Exactly as I am


"Let all things be exactly as they are."

--A Course in Miracles

For the past week I have been trying to go to a "hot yoga" class, but I have yet to make it for one reason or another. Today, my alarm didn't go off.

Thank goodness. 

When I realized that I had already missed class I got up, got on the website for the yoga studio and started to do the routine on my own. 

Oh. My. God. 

It kicked by butt from here to Albuquerque.

Some of them I could hardly do, much less hold for 60 seconds. 

I struggled through the standing poses, exhausted and sweating by the end of the half hour and decided to call it good for today. 

My performance was sloppy and uneven and not at all as graceful as I had imagined. I was thanking my lucky stars that The Universe - or whatever force was at work - had sabotaged my alarm this morning. I am clearly NOT ready to do this for 90 minutes in a room heated to 110 degrees!

So. I am not as strong or as flexible as I remembered myself to be or hoped I was or imagined myself to be. Okay. 

This is disappointing, but as I lay there in Corpse pose "integrating" my work for the morning, I found that I wasn't fighting against it as hard as I might have expected. Having experienced this a few times in my life by now I know what to do. 

Accept. Practice. Improve. Celebrate!

See you tomorrow yoga mat.


No comments:

Post a Comment