Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


"Calm down. Still your nervous habits. Avoid knee-jerk reactions. Silence your judgments. Count your blessings. Empty your heart of expectations. Remember what's truly important. Purify yourself in every way you can imagine."

--Caeriel Crestin, whose fabulous horoscopes can be found in mauitime

Happy 2011 to all. I hope today finds you full of hope and excitement for all this year will bring.

This quote is from an old horoscope of mine, but it seems to encompass most of what I want to accomplish this year.

I found the holiday season, once again, to be a time of pressure and stress, despite having lifted many of the pressures that were acting upon me in years past. Was it just the ghosts of my past stress haunting me? Or had new pressures arisen to take their place?

I can't really say, but as much as I tried to remind myself to let things go, stay in the moment, feel the joy, I still felt the pressure underneath it all...thrum, thrum, thrum....making me just a little more intense, a little more nervous, a little less present.

So I still have work to do. 2010 was not my year to achieve enlightenment, I guess. Maybe next year.  

In the meantime, I will continue to practice and to learn and to purify myself in every way I can imagine.

There is just one thing I would add to this list and that is: practice forgiveness, every day in every way imaginable.

I'd love to know what you are working on and hoping for this year. Know that I am sending love and light to all of your intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment