Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Moodlifter


"Kindness is love in action."

--The Universe

Every other Monday I bring coffee to a teacher at our kids' school. I call it "the Monday Moodlifter" and it was the raffle item I donated for Teacher Appreciation Week last year (kudos to my sister-in-law for the idea :) . 

Every time I walk in the door with coffee in hand, my son's teacher is surprised and pleased and I feel good inside.

Andy Smallman is teaching people to make the Monday Moodlifter a way of life through his online kindness classes.

I first read about Andy in Ode magazine, which featured him in their July/August issue. His online classes in kindness are simple, thoughtful and, best of all, free (he does accept donations for his time).

Every Sunday he posts the week's kindness theme on his website. Each student reads the post and decides for themselves how to enact that week's theme. Some of the themes so far have included: do something kind for a stranger, do something kind for a friend, do something kind for yourself.

On Wednesday or Thursday Andy sends out a mid-week inspiration and then at the end of each week a weekly reflection. Students are also encouraged to blog about their experience after completing their weekly act of kindness.

I don't know about you but just reading about this makes me feel joyful and glad to be alive and a part of this great big beautiful world. 

Just think for a moment about a world in which we are ALL taking the kindness class - that IS WORLD PEACE. 

Do something kind for a stranger. Do something kind for a friend. Do something kind for yourself. 

Kindness IS love in action. 





No comments:

Post a Comment