Monday, January 9, 2012

Knowing that I don't know


"Part of true knowing is knowing that we do not know." --Unknown, from an article entitled, "“Rising Above Sham Spirituality Part 1” from www.thenewcall.org 

I don't know what to write today. In fact, it is not even today, it is tomorrow. I am post-dating this post. 

I didn't post anything yesterday because I just did not know what to write. I wrote three or four posts, but none of them screamed "Post me!" so I didn't. I just let it go, knowing that something would come. 

And yet, here it is tomorrow and I still don't know what I want to write about this week. So I am just trying to be okay with that and I am going to share with you something fabulous that someone else wrote (and recorded).

I heard this story on NPR last Friday about Opal the Octopus who gave birth to 50,000 babies in a den in the Puget Sound near downtown Seattle and it just touched my heart for some reason. I feel sad and happy all at the same time when I think about Opal and her babies and all she gave for them. I hope you will enjoy it too. 

Knowing that we don't know is one of the hardest things there is about this human life I think. Maybe writer's block is the Universe's way of teaching me to be more comfortable with that. I am trying to learn. In the meantime, enjoy the story, enjoy the video and enjoying knowing that you don't know. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment