Friday, October 21, 2011

Leting Go of "the" Truth

"The problem created when you decide the 'truth' of something is you've cut yourself off from the greater 'truth' of infinite possibilities."  --Temple Illuminatus (@Illumine_Nation on Twitter)

I have been on a search for "the truth" lately. 

The truth I have been searching for is, "What is wrong with my son's stomach?" and "What should I do about it?" I have thought about it. I have meditated about it. I have talked about it. I have consulted experts about it (two doctors, one naturopath, a psychic, a massage therapist and many, many other moms).  And yet, the "truth" has alluded me.

I have gotten some answers. Some that seemed to help; others that didn't. But no one has given me the "truth," in its unadulterated and completely recognizable form.

Is it physical? Is it metaphysical? Is it mental? Is it emotional? Is it stress? Is it a virus, a bacteria, a parasite, or something we haven't yet considered?

Last Thursday he was back in school, although not happily, and not without a lot of trepidation on my part. Still so many questions: Would he be okay? Would going to school make his stomach aches worse again? Was he "supposed" to go to this school anymore or were these stomach aches "a sign" that it was time to move on?

My monkey mind latched onto this one and held on for dear life. I was in a complete tailspin without even realizing it.

This quote brought me back from Crazytown.

My search for "the Truth" with a capital T was as futile as not doing anything at all would have been. And the answer lay, where it always seems to lie, in the present moment, in the knowing that comes with not-knowing, in the greater truth of infinite possibilities.  

How ironic then that this would be the week that I learn to access the Akashic Records and give my first reading? 

If you think the Universe doesn't have a sense of humor, I am here to tell you otherwise. 

All the time I was monkey-minding and hand-wringing the situation with my son, the Universe was calling me to even greater knowing that comes from not-knowing. It was a gift that helped me get through the week and one that I can't wait to share with the world. I don't know what form this work is going to take, but I am looking forward to all of the infinite possibilities.  

[If you are interested in an Akashic Records reading, send me an email and let's chat about the (infinite) possibilities!]

No comments:

Post a Comment