Friday, February 18, 2011

What do you REALLY want?




--From The Seattle Times online edition, February 7, 2011

What are you spending your time on?

I came across this video by chance, while reading the newspaper on the web, and it helped me to experience a moment of clarity.

Towards the end, Rocket Rivers says about Jordan, “I'm not really surprised by him because he puts in the work....he's in the gym two or three hours a day....so, of course, it's going to pay off,” and the thought came into my head, “What do I want badly enough to spend two to three hours a day on?” 

My answer was: Enlightenment.

Now, of course, I don’t really know what that means….but when I think about it, I picture some kind of revelation, some kind of transcendence, some kind of....peace….of the kind that I feel I have been searching for all of my life.

So I have decided to rededicate myself to meditation. To spend 2 or 3 hours a day not thinking, not doing, not moving. Just allowing. Just breathing. Just being. Because if you really, really want something, you have to put in the time. You have to put in the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment