Friday, September 16, 2011

When in doubt...

"When in doubt MEDITATE."

--A Monk from Whistler, BC

This quote is from one of the very first meditation classes I ever took. We were on vacation in Whistler, BC and one of the healing centers there was offering a free meditation class on a Saturday morning. My kids were still very young - so young that I was nervous to leave them for a couple of hours even with my husband - but I knew somehow that I needed to do this.

So a friend and I took off early on that Saturday morning to meditate with a Canadian monk. I don't remember a lot from the class about the specific meditation method he taught, but I remember the feeling I had in that room - sheer terror (because I was "stepping away" from what I thought was my role as a mother to ALWAYS be there for and with my children) and sheer calm (because the monk's voice was so soothing and the energy in the room was so soft and unfrantic).

As time went on I took more meditation classes and practiced different forms of meditation, but one meditation has stuck with me throughout my practice. It is the one I do every night before I go to bed, and sometimes during the day as well. It is called The Violet Flame.

This meditation was gifted to us by Saint Germain, an Ascended Master of the Seventh Ray (Violet) for our release from past karma and purification of our physical and auric bodies. There are many different versions of this meditation. The one I use was taught to me by my friend Cindy, a psychic and gifted healer.

The gifts of this meditation in my life have been both extraordinary and mundane. On a day to day basis, it helps to keep me grounded and centered. It also helps me to clear out any negative energy that may be surrounding me or that I may be releasing that day. It works on energy from within and from without and is available to us in any moment that we choose to use it.

When Cindy first taught me the meditation she challenged us to try it for 30 days and to expect miracles. While I don't know that anyone else would consider it a miracle, I know that the landscape of my internal universe changed for the better after those 30 days and that this meditation continues to have a positive effect on me every time I do it. I urge you to try it for 30 days and see what happens! Click here for a printable version of the meditation.

May all of the blessings of The Violet Flame be yours!

[Today at 8:00 AM PT I am going to be on "Get Glowing," my sister's weekly radio show talking about, among other things, meditation and The Violet Flame. Click here to tune in!]

No comments:

Post a Comment