Friday, April 29, 2011

Drying in the Sun


"Seizing my life in your hands, you thrashed it clean
On the savage rocks of Eternal Mind.
How its colours bled, until they grew white!
You smile and sit back; I dry in your sun." 

--Rumi, from Daily Om's A Year of Rumi course

This is not the post I was planning to share today, but that one still needs a little ruminating, so I am substituting with a little Rumi.

I have signed up for the Daily Om's course A Year of Rumi and I am really enjoying it. Some of the poems I do not understand AT ALL, while others really speak to me.

Like this one. It feels like what life does to each of us every day and like what it might feel like once our colors bleed out until they turn white and we become enlightened, drying in The Universe's sun.

I look forward to that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment