Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Blogaversary!

Today is the one-year anniversary of this blog and that seems a reason to celebrate, but also to reflect....

I am proud of what I have accomplished in the past year. Posting three times a week for one year without fail is something I wasn't sure I could do when I started (I had tried blogging a few times before, but always found I petered out after two or three posts). I did it!

"BUT," says the voice in my head, "You haven't REALLY been writing, you've just been posting quotes from other writers....."

Which is true. But. I have my own BUT for that voice.... just doing that has been an exercise in practice and discipline and has been laying the groundwork for what is to come next.

So, what IS to come next? I had grand plans for a total redesign - maybe even a name change - for my blog, but here we are at the one-year mark and I am nowhere near ready for any of that. So this year I am just going to make one small change and build on that over the next year.

This year I am going to add some writing to each post. It will most likely be a brief comment (somewhat like I sometimes post in the comments section) on why I chose the quote or what it means to me, how it helped me grow.....whatever seems appropriate for that quote, that moment, that day. I hope you will enjoy reading what I have to say.

Happy Blogaversary to you too! Thanks for tuning in.

Love, Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment