Friday, May 6, 2011

3 To Live By


"When I leave my apartment I always whisper to myself, do no harm. I seek progress rather than perfection. I wouldn’t recognize perfection if it bit me on my ass. I just try to do better than I did yesterday." 

--Frank Ferrante of the movie May I Be Frank 

Frank Ferrante was an overweight drug addict barely living when he walked into a raw food cafe in San Francisco and was asked this question by the server: "What is one thing you want to do before you die?" 

His answer: Fall in love again. 

He knew it would never happen if he didn't make some changes. So, with the help of the server and a couple of his friends, he did. He practiced gratitude. He ate only raw food. He had a weekly colonic. 

And he transformed his life.

I can't wait to see this movie when it is in wide release. Until then, I take Frank's words to heart: Do no harm. Seek progress rather than perfection. Do better than I did yesterday. 

And I am asking myself: What is one thing I want to do before I die? 

My answer is: Achieve enlightenment. Get over myself. Transcend my ego, if only for a moment.


What is your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment